The recent innovation in technology is radically making life easy for people. One of such beautiful innovation that is changing the travel industry is the use of travel fly cards.
A Travel Fly Cards is your best travel companion for all international trips. It is a convenient, cost-effective and smart method of carrying currency with you while traveling.
Travel fly card helps the user make online transactions while traveling overseas; it offers a maximum secured online payments through the new 3D secure authentication.
The 3D technological system is an extra layer of security which takes you through a checkout process to confirm your identity before making payments.
Afraid you purchased more than you budgeted for on your travel card? Have no fear as reloading or refunding is just a click away on your mobile phone via a mobile application, no matter where you are.
More so, visiting a branch or calling customer care center is a thing of the past with a travel fly card as you can now manage all your travel card services through a Self-Care Portal. This helps you curb excess spending; block and unblock your cards, reset your ATM PIN as well as do a wallet-to-wallet transfer.
Basic cards will offer you things like free checked luggage which generally goes for around $50; this offer comes in the form of points or miles. Typically, the amount you spend determines the points you are rewarded with.
You typically get one point per dollar spent, and each point is worth about $0.015, but this depends on how you used them, whether on the card’s website or with the airlines directly.
Accumulating points can seem like a big work, but if you are someone who charges everything up like me, then this can quickly add up to about 30,000 points which can get you a free ticket to somewhere. Cool right?
It is these perks that make the cards worth it as you fall into the category of people who gain more from their cards.
HOW DO I PURCHASE THE TRAVEL FLY CARD?
Travel cards can be bought online or through the following channels:
- With a contactless and oyster account (For those living in the UK).
- Oyster Ticket Shops.
- London Overground, All Tube stations.
- Ticket machines
- Travel centers.
- ANZ-Travel Card.
- Commonwealth Bank-Travel Money Card.
- NAB-Traveler Card
- Travelex-Cash Passport
- Westpac-Global Currency card
HOW DO I FIND THE BEST TRAVEL FLY CARDS?
Here are four steps that can help you find the best travel fly cards.
Check your Credit Card: Before purchasing a travel fly card, it is essential to check the credit card offers you might be eligible for through your credit card score. The higher the score, the better the chances of getting a travel fly card. You can check your credit score through the following:
- Free Fico Scores
- The three major credit bureaus which sell credit scores and they are Experian, Equifax, and Transunion.
However, if your credit score is not what you expect, you can check the credit report to see where the problem is coming from, then figure out how to solve the problem.
Identify the type of credit card you need: There are three types of credit cards, and these are:
- Cards which will boost your credit when it’s limited or damaged.
- Cards that will save you money on interest.
- Cards that earn a reward.
It is best to go for cards that meet all your specific needs. For instance, if traveling is not your thing, then the best fly travel card won’t do you a lot of good.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A TRAVEL FLY CARD?
A travel fly card is one sure way to access how you spend money when traveling overseas and below are some of the benefits it offers:
First, with a travel fly card, you can lock in your exchange rate before traveling. This will be a great help to you when you are budgeting for your holiday as you will be certain of how much expenses you will need to make. Similarly, locking in your currency shields you from an increase in the exchange rate from the time you hop into a plane.
Secondly, I am rather not too sure if it is just a normal thing to overspend while traveling, but I guess it’s a regular thing as a change of environment usually makes you want to spend extra on some things that you can’t overlook. The good news is that you can finally reload your travel fly card through an app on your Smartphone as long as you have the money in your bank account!
More so, carrying cash with you when are traveling is not the best way of securing your holiday spending as an encounter with a pickpocket can leave you broke and snapped you out of that holiday mood. Even though there are some chances where cash is the best method of payment, still a travel fly card does the job.
WHAT ARE THE BEST TRAVEL FLY CARDS AND THEIR PRICING?
The best travel fly card include but not limited to the following
- Starwood Preferred Guest Card: Offered by American Express and it comes with a bonus reward of 25ooo points ($250) and lots of benefits such as access to any Starwood location, luxurious hotels, among others. It cost $95 annually with $5 on balance transfer and cash advance.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: This card comes with fantastic and redeemable travel benefits for multiple partner businesses. Its 50 thousand points on making the first transaction are worth drooling for, and there are other enticing benefits the card offers. It card cost $95 annually.
- Capital One Venture Reward Card: It comes with an initial bonus point of 40 thousand when spending at least $3,000 during the first 90 days, this card cost $59 annually.
- Virgin America Signature Card: Offers unique benefits geared towards traveling via airlines. Those with the Premium card can get 15,000 points while the visa signature card holders are eligible for 10, 000 at $1,000 spending in the first 90 days. It cost $49 annual.
Finally, the importance of travel fly cards cannot be offered emphasized. It offers several benefits beyond earning points or miles, if you are a travel fly card holder, be sure to take full advantage of all the perks it offers, and for those who don’t have one, why not get a travel fly card and also enjoy all its benefits.